Simple Flutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Simple Flutes

For people who make and play simple flutes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill
Bill

Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute? Empty
PostSubject: Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute?   Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:19 am

I know there are scads of forums for the Tin Whistle, as well there should be, but should we include it as a top blown flute, even though it is a fippled instrument?

I don't see why not, it can be carved with a pen knife out of a reed, and if anyone else is like me, I use it for a handy practice instruments in the car or while out walking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.claypipes.pbwiki.com
Thomas Hastay

PostSubject: Re: Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute?   Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:07 pm

I don't see why we can't include these "duct flutes" and any other simple "air-reed" instruments. The voicings may be different, but the body/resonator is almost exactly the same on all these types.
Back to top Go down
Bill
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute?   Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, I agree. It fits my earlier standard of "No moving parts", and since my personal flutes are really whistles with your mouth as part of the fipple, I would hate to classify myself out of the forum affraid

I'll probably be on tonight trying to make a sensible (and more visitor friendly) arrangement of sub forums based on types of instruments. I apologize in advance if the posts already made get randomly scattered...
Back to top Go down
http://www.claypipes.pbwiki.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute?   Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is a Tin Whistle a Top Blown Flute?
Page 1 of 1