Simple Flutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Simple Flutes

For people who make and play simple flutes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Practice Tabor pipe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill
Bill

Practice Tabor pipe Empty
PostSubject: Practice Tabor pipe   Practice Tabor pipe Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:28 am

I made a better version of a tabor pipe. I made it like my side blown flutes because I want it for practice while doing things like driving and such. I make mine with all three holes on the same side, because I find I can hold it better that way. This one is longer than my last and because my wife stole my microphone is only self tuned.

I might fine tune it tomorrow. When she is gone.

I'm quite satisfied with the balance of the second and third register but I can't quite figure the notes of the fourth. I'll mess with it, since I only need one for many songs, perhaps I can cross finger it.

I'll post more and maybe some photos on the Tabor subforum. Of course, there's not much to look at...
Back to top Go down
http://www.claypipes.pbwiki.com
Thomas Hastay

PostSubject: Re: Practice Tabor pipe   Practice Tabor pipe Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:12 pm

The Tabor is most commonly held with the pinky underneath the flute body. Another technique is to "slide" the thumb and index finger up off the tone hole to hold on to the instrument. This technique allows fast half-hole fingering to "tune" those notes in difficult registers. Some chose to use a "finger sling" consisting of a simple loop that circles the flute body and pinky. This will support the larger bass instruments well.

You can find Tabor pipe tabulature here on the web http://www.sussexbrew.freeuk.com/intropt.htm and in Anthony Baines book "Woodwind Instruments and Their History", Dover Pub.

Last edited by Thomas Hastay on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected link)
Back to top Go down
Bill
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Practice Tabor pipe   Practice Tabor pipe Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks for that link Thomas, and I really should buy that book, I've been referred to it often enough.

My current pipe is longer than normal (I still don't have my microphone) and I have plenty of room for the third hole. This leaves me with my ring finger and thumb to hold the pipe. Probably if it were the right length, I would have to use my thumb on the third hole and hold it normally as you mention.

But these are just toys at this point. I really need to get serious again. My next ceramic project is waiting on me to go down to my friend's wood lathe and make the proper mandrels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.claypipes.pbwiki.com
chanelbags185

PostSubject: Re: Practice Tabor pipe   Practice Tabor pipe Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:02 am

replica designer bags a few thousand people
designer inspired handbags you should be sure to choose
air max 2012 develops very quickly
nike shox turbo number of Air Nike Shoes
men puma shoes information that you provide to us
air max 90 is the famous fashion design
wholesale puma shoes and still want to be in style
puma shoes sale Quality warranty and satisfying service
timberland mens boots to fit your cute gifts?
gucci women shoes You can find the best quality shoes here
Back to top Go down
uggboots198
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Practice Tabor pipe   Practice Tabor pipe Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:36 am

Welcome to our stores taste Gather the latest style all this year :
cheap nfl jerseys is an ideal better jerseys to you
discount coach bags sale now
coach bags outlet cheapest and high quality
coach handbags outlet sells all kinds handbags with no tax and free shopping worldwide!
coach outlet online sells the high quality products
coach outlet store online Put it all together
replica designer handbags has a few more fashion at the holiday season
coach outlet store online Most of these handbags
wholesale coach handbags myself handbags possess
cheap authentic jerseys This kind of qualified prospects
nfl jerseys suppliers An vital factor would be to choose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Tabor pipe   Practice Tabor pipe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down