Simple Flutes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Simple Flutes

For people who make and play simple flutes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scottie
New User
New User

Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA   Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Hello everyone,
Very happy to find a forum where people can share info about playing flutes as well as building them. I am particularly interested at this point in building Irish Whistles and Native American Flutes. I find it a good challenge and something I really have a desire to do since music is in my veins. I love Irish music and like to attend and desire to participate in the next Colorado Irish Festival . I like the Native American flute due to the relaxing beautiful sounds that come from this instrument. I have tinkered with learning the Irish whistle about 7 years but never got serious because I did not invest in a quality instrument. Just played around with a few cheap models that just squeaked and then figured it was not for me. About a year ago I opened the door again after hearing some beautiful tunes of Irish Whistle music by Joanie Madden. Since then I have been on a slow quest to learn how to play and of course the idea in the back of my head is how to make my own whistles and flutes. I can not help it. It must be my nature. I had difficulty using a computer until after I learned what made them tick. Once I could build them then I learned to use them. I guess the same goes to some degree with whistles and flutes.
Presently I have a Merlin high D, Chieftain Low D, Generation Bb( that I tweaked) and now am learning to play tunes. I also have wood stock for building a Native American Flute but will have to wait til I get my workshop set up. My desire is to be able to build some nice aluminum as well as wood Irish Whistles in different keys as well as Native American Flutes in a variety of keys. All it took was one bad purchase of an out of tune Native American flute that I decided it was time to get ready to build my own. I am presently looking into collecting the information needed to build the whistles since I already have most of the info for the Native American flutes. I find it easier to get info on Native American flutes than Irish Whistles. The NAF forums on Yahoo are very good with a lot of really nice people that try to help each other with construction information and encouragement. As far as equipment I have a drill press, router, partial lathe, drills, hand tools. I am looking into getting a belt sander with a wheel sanding attachment and I would like to get a motor to put my wood lathe together and some wood lathe tools. I think this will be a good retirement hobby. Looking forward to it because my life has been full of nothing but a lot of long hours and work related stress for the last 5 years and it is time to make a change. Life is too short... it is time to stop and smell the roses. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chanelbags185

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA   Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:56 am

replica designer bags a few thousand people
designer inspired handbags you should be sure to choose
air max 2012 develops very quickly
nike shox turbo number of Air Nike Shoes
men puma shoes information that you provide to us
air max 90 is the famous fashion design
wholesale puma shoes and still want to be in style
puma shoes sale Quality warranty and satisfying service
timberland mens boots to fit your cute gifts?
gucci women shoes You can find the best quality shoes here
Back to top Go down
uggboots198
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA   Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:31 am

Welcome to our stores taste Gather the latest style all this year :
cheap nfl jerseys is an ideal better jerseys to you
discount coach bags sale now
coach bags outlet cheapest and high quality
coach handbags outlet sells all kinds handbags with no tax and free shopping worldwide!
coach outlet online sells the high quality products
coach outlet store online Put it all together
replica designer handbags has a few more fashion at the holiday season
coach outlet store online Most of these handbags
wholesale coach handbags myself handbags possess
cheap authentic jerseys This kind of qualified prospects
nfl jerseys suppliers An vital factor would be to choose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA   Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Morning from Pueblo Colorado, USA
Page 1 of 1